Yes, candles are supposed to melt. You light the wick and they centers of the candles burn down.
My candles are battery operated. So I didn't think twice when I decorated with them on my front porch.
But remember the warm weather I mentioned yesterday?
And did I mention that my battery operated candles are also WAX candles?? Apparently the heat was too much for them.
Thank goodness Costco has their supply of battery operated candles for sale now! And thank goodness my fall decor will soon replace this melted mess.
So into the trash they go.